Monday, May 11, 2009

WATERSKIING


as you all know im really in to waterskiing, it's my favorite pastime.
I haven't really started skiing yet this year yet beause of school work and stuff and our trainer is getting worried because we haven't been practising much. We have big and important competitions this year so I can understand him.
The photos were done a few weeks ago. the one on the left is me before a slalom set, and the onw on the bottom is me jumping afterwards.


I can't wait to get back into it, when you have trained a lot and look back on the start of the year and see what kind of an improvement you have done it encourages you even more.

well anyway, our trainer has already given us a calender of the competitions we will be doing and where we will be going to train this summer He had to make a special clander for me though because i'll be going to America to work as a ski instuctor during August.
The week school ends i'll be going straight to Denmark to train with the whole spanish team because one of the best teachers in the world has organized a course there. We will be there for two weeks, and after that we will go to a competition in Germany, then i'll be coming back here to train for a month and work with my Dad to make a few euros too.
Also ill be going to many competitions un spain and near the boarder in France aswell, before going to Norway to the Europeans for a week, we have a good team, last year we came third which was a great result because there are really talented teams like Italy, Great Britain and France of course that could of beaten us.

In waterskiing there are three events, one is jumping which is my favorite, it's also the most dangerous event, many people have died recently from not being thought the right way and going out and doing stupid things, but if you are thought the right way it's a real thrill. I have never ever hurt myself skiing before, i mean not badly, i've never been to the hospital before ,because of skiing ,not even once and that's because i've always been around the right people that know a lot about the sport and teach me new things every day. The most important thing they ever told me was to always know what to do before you go out, go over what you have to do in you mind and never try to show off because a few friends are watching you, and honestly the only times I have hurt myself jumping was when other people were watching me and I would always go out and they would be in the boat and laughing, that's when things can go wrong.

So, you know what im doing more or less this summer, what about you?

2 comments:

Vito Andolini Corleone said...

Wow, It's an incredible sport I've never seen practising to anyone.

I hope one day I will come with you to practise it, I think it's so dificult so.

Uri said...

It seems to be a nice sport but surely too difficult for me lol.

See you Jake!